We receive a significant amount of applications every day. Here are a few tips to make sure your application stands out among the rest!
• APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN EITHER WORD OR PDF FORMAT. Submitting in any other format means we will most likely not be able to open it.
• ANSWER EVERY SINGLE QUESTION.
• READ EACH QUESTION CAREFULLY. Some sections ask more than one question, be sure you are answering all of them. Also, be sure that you are answering the question correctly.
o For example, for Question #10 "When would you be able to move", we regularly get the answer "Yes". Please note, the question is "When".
• PLEASE ELABORATE. This is your one opportunity to convey your situation to us and allow us to get to know you. One-sentence answers make it very difficult for us to get a clear understanding of who you are and what your current situation is.
o For example, when asked about awards received, do not say "See DD214". We do not get your DD214 with your application; please take the time to list them for us.
o Another example, when we ask about your injuries, do not just list "Back pain and neck pain". As it asks, please include dates, the specific injury, how it occurred and how it has impacted your life.
• BE CERTAIN YOU ARE SPELLING YOUR REQUESTED CITIES CORRECTLY. If the city you enter is misspelled, our system will not recognize it and you will not receive a notice if a home becomes available in your area.
• DON'T PUT "ANYWHERE" AS THE CITY. Our system will not recognize this. If you prefer a general area, list 4 cities around that area. If we have a home within 50 miles of the city you listed, you should receive a notice.
• BOTH MILITARY AND PERSONAL REFERENCES ARE REQUIRED. - Please make sure you provide phone contact information for them. Do not list someone who is deployed. We must be able to speak with them.
• ADD Homes4WH@MilitaryWarriors.org TO YOUR APPROVED CONTACT LIST. When a home comes available in your area, you will receive an email notification from this address. Don't risk it accidentally going into you "Junk Mail"!!!
We appreciate you taking the time to fully complete your application. We know it can be time consuming, but the potential reward is worth it!
Military Warriors Support Foundation · 2511 N. Loop 1604 W., Suite 201 · San Antonio, TX 78258 · 210-615-8973 · Copyright © 2010 All rights reserved.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. -- Isaiah 40:31